What kind of paper do you use for paper beads?
Almost any type of paper that is flexible enough to roll into a cylinder is can be used for making paper beads. Once you start looking around, you’ll notice sources for paper beads everywhere! Experimenting with different types, weights, colors, and thicknesses of paper is a great way to expand your creativity.
What are the materials for making a paper beads?
- Paper: leftover magazines, scrapbook paper, junk mail, wallpaper, washi paper, copy paper, hand colored paper, etc.
- Scissors, rotary cutter, paper cutter or craft knife.
- Pen and pencil.
- Toothpicks or bamboo skewers.
- Glue stick or tacky glue.
- Craft paint or waterproof markers.
How do you make paper jewelry waterproof?
Coating origami with clear nail polish is, by far, the most economical waterproofing method for small pieces. You can often find clear nail polish for $1 to $2 in drugstores or discount stores. This technique is used to seal and protect rolled paper beads before stringing them onto necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.